Monday, August 17, 2009

Solomon 23 Months!






Solomon is one funny boy. He definitely keeps us going. He is diving into the terrible twos with flair. His fits are often and loud. Most of the fits are over clothes. He screams to put them on then at the end of the day he screams to take them off. We have to hold him down to do anything. When I'm with him he usually is in underwear only. That drives Neall crazy.
Sol also is talking to the point that I cringe when he opens his mouth in front of people in public. For instance: "Everybody shut-up Sol's singing." He said this to mom and me in the car when we joined in his singing of Cum by ya, oh lord. This weekend at the store people would come up and say hello and want to see Rose. Solomon would get this hateful look on his face, grab Rose's canopy and pull in down so the person couldn't see, then he would say "go away," or "no." If the person were to put their hand on the cart he would pry it off and say more choice words. By then end of the shopping trip if someone would come up I put my hand over his mouth until they left. I apologize to anyone who has witnessed this. I'm very surprised that he is this protective of Rose.
His imagination is wild. We are enjoying listening to what he "sees" in things. He talks mostly about sharks and whales. When he poops he says, "Get it out, sharks get out." Then he takes a look and says, "Wow, wook mommy a shark, a whale!" Every time, I love it. He can do puzzles now, I was very proud of him. Laura was asking him to name random letters and he could get most of them. I didn't know he could do that either. I guess after reading Dr.Susses ABC book 1,000 times the letters stick. His favorite book right now is Green Eggs and Ham. I like telling him to read the book: (he reads the first three pages like this) "Sam I Am, Sam I am, I am Sam, Sam I am Go Away) That is paraphrasing pretty well. That's what the other character meant to say instead of That Sam I am that Sam i am I do not like that Sam i am.
He also loves tunnels. If we go under a overpass, it's a tunnel, legs are tunnels. I think I love to hear him say it.
Laura has been keeping Chloe and Maggie this summer. Sol talks about them all the time. "Chloe and Maggie, Chole and Maggie." Chloe was here today and when she came in Solomon said "watch me Chloe, wook Chloe" and then he would throw a ball or something really impressive like that. Chloe wasn't impressed, but she was sweet. Solomon also got her glass and went to the fridge and refilled her glass, he ended up spilling it, but it was the thought that counted.

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a sweet boy. Never dull at your house or anywhere else! Love it!

Emily said...

i LOVE sol! maybe he has an early interest in marine biology? heeheee....really would love to try to see yall sometime labor day weekend if you are around!