Monday, August 24, 2009

Hanging Out

Rose at 4 weeks.




Rose Ryan is growing rapidly. She eats all the time. She spits up and is crying because he tummy hurts, but the only way I can comfort her is to nurse her. She loves being in the sling. She absolutely loves a bath. If she is upset I can put her in a warm tub and she is completely content. Even Mrs.Linda does this. Solomon, Rose, and I have all gotten in the tub together for fun. Solomon is pretty gentle around her- we have to watch carefully. She has two curls on the top of her head that will stay throughout the day. After a bath she has tight little black curls, but once they touch the bed they straighten out. I hope she has curls. She looks more like Laura and I did when we were babies. I think she looks a lot like my dad- PopPop. Her eyelashes have grown and she is more alert. She has started smiling at us. We have to work hard at it, and we haven't caught it on camera. It does melt my heart. It's fun with this baby, because I know how much fun is to come and I can enjoy every little step. I wasn't sure that I could love another one as much as I love Solomon, but I can, and it's wonderful.



Solomon has a new fascination with SpiderMan. Today I took him and got him a spider man doll and some underwear. When we got home he wanted to wear the spidey underwear on his head. Nanna put it on his head and he ran and did a flip. He calls himself Spiderman, and shoots webs and flips and flops all over the place. We watch the movie over and over and skip to the parts that Spiderman is swinging or fighting. I hope he doesn't get kicked out of wee-school.







rose 3 weeks













Hanging out on the porch swing while we watch Solomon and Daddy play in the pool and slip and slide.






rose 3 weeks






This is a huge goose egg on Solomon's head after throwing a fit on concrete. Maybe he's learned a lesson.






1 comment:

Emily said...

such beautiful babies! i can't wait to see yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!