Friday, August 7, 2009

Our Precious Little Girl




Rose one week old. She loves Granny's chest. She slept there for almost 2 hours.

Chocolate pudding! A new favorite.


This is Rose at one week. She went from 6lbs 13 oz to 7lbs 9oz in one week. She's a very good eater.



Nap after a very hot day in downtown Memphis.





Laura Ruth, Solomon, Rose, and I were crazy enough to go to Memphis to try to see A Christmas Carol Train. I thought we would get there let Sol get on the train and leave. I thought we would be there about an hour to look around. I was wrong. It was 1,000 degrees and there was a 2 hour wait outside to see the train! We promptly left and went to the condo to cool off. We were only there 30 minutes and we were all dripping with sweat. I would have never gotten Solomon out at 1 week old. Rose is going to be a trooper. I'm sure people thought we were crazy. Looking back- they were right.












The train.






We spend a lot of time together all cuddled up in the chair. Usually I'm nursing Rose at the same time. Solomon wouldn't have it any other way. He wants Rose right there with us.







Beautiful Roses from my parents. Behind it is a painting of Roses my Grandmother Rose painted. The portriat is a picture of my Grandmother Rose. The picture frame is a framed card of roses that was from Mrs.Teri and Mr.Richard.


So small in a big bed.































Cuddled up in the hospital bed.















first bath at the hospital.












Breakfast with PopPop. Solomon stayed with Nana and PopPop while we were at the hospital.














Sol couldn't wait to get his hands on baby Rose.








Proud Aunt Tara.


































Love at first site.

























Rose Ryan Jackson born July 28, 2009 at 12:50pm.








Family of 3 about to be 4!





On our way to Memphis on Monday night. When we got into the car to leave I started laughing because I was sitting straight up and my knees were touching the dashboard. With two carseats in the back there isn't quite enough room for all of us in the Fit. If she were able to face forward in the back it would be more comfortable, but safety comes first.



The night before Rose was born we left Solomon with Nana and PopPop. Neall and I headed to Memphis and ate at Bosco's and went to see The Hangover (very funny). We then headed back to the condo and lasted about 5 minutes there because it was 93 degrees inside! The airconditioner was out, so we began a search for a hotel room. We ended up at the hotel beside Baptist East. We got up at 4 am and at breakfast at Waffle House. I had to eat before 5 am because I was scheduled for a c-section at 2pm. When we got back to the room for some R&R, I spent an hour trying to feel Rose move. I took a bath, sat still, wiggled her around, and I still couldn't get her to move. I started freaking out. After some convincing Neall pursuaded me to go to the hospital so they could tell me everything was fine. Everything was perfect and they moved up the c-section to 12pm! Why didn't I freakout earlier!?




We are in love with Baby Rose; Solomon included. The first thing he said when he saw her was, "Ohhh Cute." Solomon says that she is "Momma's baby" and no one is allowed to her but me without a fit. I've tried telling him that we have to share her, but he still only wants me to hold her. He likes to hold her in his lap for about a minute, then that's enough. He laughs at her funny faces and noises- even her cries. He especially thinks it's funny when she poops on him (with a diaper on). That is one thing I forgot is how often babies poop. Thank God that Solomon is potty trained. I can't imagine changing any more diapers than the ones she produces.


Rose has been so good. She has been sleeping better than Solomon. I feed her when she wants throughout the day, and at night she makes it about 4 hours. She goes right back to sleep. I don't think Solomon ever did that. She only cries when she needs her diaper changed, she's hungry, or needs to be burped.

4 comments:

Emily said...

thanks for posting all the pictures! what a great looking family! i can't wait to have time to meet baby rose in person...maybe labor day weekend???

Pat said...

Great family pictures! Happy Birthday, Neall!!

The Haynes said...

Becca and Neall, she is beautiful! Congratulations on your new addition! Sol is a lucky big brother!

Tracy said...

Hello Jackson Family!!!

Baby Rose is so beautiful and I am so proud for you guys! Sol looks like he is going to be a great big brother! Just from the pics, I see a lot of the Meyer side in her! I love watching for new posts to see how your beautiful family is growing! Please keep the pics coming! Congrats!!

Tracy (Peacock) Hardy :)