Thursday, January 24, 2008

Baby's First Tooth

Solomon popped his first tooth this week! I told Neall last weekend that I thought he was teething and he wouldn't believe me telling me that Sol wasn't old enough, that he wouldn't get teeth until 7 months. Well, I was right. We were in a store in Memphis and we could see his two bottom teeth peeping through his gums. He was a cranky, slobbering, and hand sucking little boy. Tara gave us some teething tablets and they really helped him. When he's fussy I put two under his toungue and put some numbing stuff on his gums. By Monday his left bottom tooth popped through.
All of Solomon's future class mates that are 4 months old also are rolling over (from what I've heard from their grandparents.) So, during our playtime (6-7 am) I put him on his belly and practice. He has trouble getting his arm in the right position. Once the arm is in the right position he can roll over. He likes to lay on his back and roll from side to side and hold his feet. He's even gotten his toes in his mouth once or twice. Pa thinks we hold him too much so he doesn't get enough time to roll around. I think he has the rest of his life to roll around. He won't want me to hold him pretty soon, so I'm taking advantage of it now!
I'm just amazed at how fast he is growing and changing. He really is entertaining us now. He laughs out loud with such a sweet chuckle. He laughs mostly at his daddy. Neall deserves all the smiles after spending every afternoon with a cranky Sol, dancing and singing for 2 hours until Mom and her titties get home. Sol mostly likes to laugh at jumping. When we dance and sing in front of him, he laughs at his very silly parents.

1 comment:

Ambre' said...

I love that he already has a tooth!! You'll drive yourself nuts if you start comparing him! He's like Evan, he has extra junk in his trunk so it takes extra strength to move it around! (On a side note, I don't think I've ever written the word 'titties'. It looks so weird when spelled out!)