Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rose 1 month (August 28)



Rose kinda looks funny in a bow. I think it's because she doesn't have much hair in the front. When I put the bow in Solomon took it out and said, "Carolines's" He pronounces it Coroline.



1 month and it seems like she's been with us always. She fits right in. Solomon doesn't get upset when she cries. It bothers me more than it does him. It's amazing how much energy it takes to keep something so small content. For the most part she wants to be on her mommy. Her favorite place to be is laying on my chest in the big comfy rocker in her room. I didn't realize how much I would use this rocker. I wish I had it when Sol was an infant. The one baby item you can't live without is a big comfy rocker (I didn't say pretty, I said comfortable.)



She sleeps pretty well. She goes to bed in her bed usually a little after 9pm. She usually wakes up about 1am, sometimes she makes it to 3am. Then I nurse her in the big comfy rocker and fall asleep with her on my chest. I wake up at her next feeding at 5 am and rock, feed, and sleep until Solomon gets up and wants me to cuddle him. I feel like the most cuddled person in the world- I would never want to change that. Maybe it's the last 10-15 lbs I need to loose that's so cuddly.

She has a little acne on her cheeks. I can't help but pick. I know I could get sent to DHS, but I do it without even thinking. Solomon has the same problem with his mosquitoe bites. He has a place on his arm that looks awful. When he picks the scab it bleeds everywhere. The problem is hereditary. Right Justin? I know Mary-Margaret is scared to death that Maggie will inherit this picking trait.
I took this photo at 5 am trying to catch her smiling. She usually smiles when she wakes up, but she seemed more confused by the camera at 5am.

1 comment:

Dr. Jackson said...

She is beautiful!!! So glad to see everyone is happy and doing well!